In a world that is very wasteful, we love to be able to create beautiful pieces of furniture from what is all too often, a discarded material, destined for landfill. At Eat Sleep Live we want to help you love and protect our lovingly made furniture. We want to let you into a secret, we only use a quality natural wax to keep our furniture looking beautiful. [caption id="attachment_5393" align="aligncenter" width="466"] Our reclaimed wood is sustainable and green.[/caption] At Eat Sleep Live we take huge pride in the finishing touches to our beautifully hand crafted, reclaimed wooden furniture, therefore we will ensure that you receive detailed aftercare instructions and check that you’re confident in being able to apply the wax correctly to your chosen item. So what is our secret wax? It is an Eco-Friendly natural blend of wax, Supreme Wax Polish. You will love how it brings out all the natural colours and tones in the wood. Did you know that you receive a free tin of the Supreme Wax Polish with any purchase from Eat Sleep Live? Like free love and protection for your adored item. [caption id="attachment_5394" align="aligncenter" width="466"] Supreme Wax Polish[/caption] To make your furniture look healthy and last, you’ll need to take good care of it. Reclaimed wood is incredibly durable and immensely strong but it can take the knocks and scrapes of modern day family and work life. Regular waxing will improve the protection and overall appearance. You can wax your furniture as much as you want but every few months is adequate. Waxing is very simple and quick and shouldn’t take you long at all. It smells great too!! But if you’re a waxing novice like me, here are our easy tips on using your wax polish.
- Using an old rag apply the wax generously in a circular motion firstly to spread the wax evenly over the surface and then following the grain to remove any excess.
- After giving the furniture a coat of wax all over you should notice it looking dull, don’t worry this is normal.
- Let it dry for about 10 minutes.
- Then with another clean rag, cloth or buffing brush give all surfaces a buff. It’s up to you how shiny you want it, it doesn’t take much effort to get a mid-sheen (like when you received your furniture) or continue to buff for a more glossy finish.
- Be careful about placing hot or wet items such as pans or plates directly onto the surface.
- We recommend the use of placemats or coasters to avoid unwanted stains and marks.
- But don’t worry if you get any marks it is always possible to remove them.
- If small cracks appear on the surface of your furniture this is quite normal and part of the character of reclaimed wood. It is nothing to be concerned about but if you would like them to be more subtle simply wax over them which will fill the shakes with wax. Over time the wax will dry and the shakes will start to appear again, this is a good indication its wax time again!